The Salesforce API Configuration Editor is used to choose which Salesforce API will be used to copy data.
The Data API Options section is used to configure the primary Salesforce API that will be used to copy data.
- # Salesforce Threads
- The number of Salesforce Objects that will be backed up at the same time by CopyStorm.
- The default number is 3, allowable values are 1 – 20. For maximum performance, the optimal value for this parameter is typically 10.
- Salesforce API
- The default API to use when querying Salesforce. The default API is REST.
- Note that CopyStorm will, by default, use REST of any table containing a BASE64 column because this minimizes memory usage for most databases. Common BASE64 tables include Attachment and ContentVersion.
The Bulk API parameters section controls when CopyStorm will use the Salesforce Bulk API rather than the default API.
- A Salesforce organization has a limited number of Bulk API calls per 24 hour rolling period. Be aware of your limit.
- The SOAP or REST API will almost always perform better than the Bulk API if performance is measured in the amount of time a user has to wait for a backup to complete.
- We suspect that this is because Bulk API queries run on a reduced priority thread within the Salesforce infrastructure.