What are the Minimum CopyStorm Salesforce Backup Permissions?
The minimum Salesforce backup permissions needed for CopyStorm to copy data from Salesforce to a database are:
- API Enabled
- View Setup and Configuration
Almost all of the time, the following permissions should be granted:
- View All Data — this permission bypasses sharing rules and often increases performance
- Read Encrypted Data — this permissions returns the plain text value for encrypted fields
- Query All Files — this permission allows files in private folders to be read.
- Knowledge User — this license allows draft knowledge articles to be read.
There are also several tables that have a restricted syntax, and will not be backed up unless the Salesforce user is an administrator. These tables include:
A Wrong Assumption
Many people assume that a Salesforce Administrator automatically has permission to access all data. Wrong! Even some core Salesforce tables and fields are hidden from administrators by default. Fortunately, the CopyStorm/Medic Permission Checker tool will find all tables and fields inaccessible for any Salesforce user with the permissions API Enabled and View Setup and Configuration.