By default, CopyStorm does not store Salesforce or database passwords. To enable this option, select the “Store Passwords” option when saving a configuration file. When checked, CopyStorm will maintain Salesforce password security by encrypting Salesforce and database passwords in the save file.
CopyStorm includes an extensible system which allows the usage of third-party password managers to store Salesforce passwords. The default password storage locations include:
- Directly within the CopyStorm save file (this is the default).
- Within a KeePass file named “passwords.kdbx” located in any of:
- The user’s home directory.
- The CopyStorm installation directory.
- A subdirectory of the CopyStorm installation directory named “config”.
- Any directory adjacent to the CopyStorm installation directory.
To use your own password manager, please see our tutorial titled How to Add a New Password Manager.