CopyStorm supports reading Database credentials from a user-supplied Database password manager.
This feature was introduced to eliminate the need to:
- Change the saved password in many CopyStorm configuration files.
- Provide the password to CopyStorm on the command line due to security rules.
In addition to security benefits, this feature allows you to use your own company-wide password manager.
The process to add a new Database password manager to CopyStorm is to:
- Write a Java class that extends the class com.aslan.sfdc.connect.credentials.AbstractJDBCUserPasswordCredentials
- Package the new Java class in a jar and place it in the “lib” subdirectory of the CopyStorm installation.
- Add a new CredentialsRegistry.xml file to CopyStorm’s config directory to register thenew credential manager with CopyStorm.
The Java class needs to extend com.aslan.sfdc.connect.credentials.AbstractJDBCUserPasswordCredentials, and will need to override/implement the following methods:
In addition to the required methods above, there are several convenience methods which may be used by credential managers:
Click Here to view the Java source of Capstorm’s built-in Keepass Database password manager.