Related Lists Editor
The “Related Lists” editor determines which records from related lists will be restored for each record. For example, when restoring Account the related lists Contacts, Cases, and Opportunities will usually be available.
To restore a related list click on the check box next to the name.
In the following screen shot the related lists Assets, Cases, Contacts, and Opportunities were selected for the Account table. This will cause CopyStorm/Restore to restore all Asset, Case, Contact, and Opportunity records related to selected Account records. Note that the superscript on each related list indicates the SalesForce Table and Column associated with the list.
- Related lists can be selected to any level. Example: Account->Contact->Attachments.
- As related lists are selected, the will automatically be marked as checked in the master table list on the left.
The control buttons at the top of the often quite important and can be used to:
- Expand/Collapse the tree of related lists.
- Select all related lists (direct, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, .etc.) to any level.
- Deselect all related lists.
Select an Account and All Related Lists
In the following screen shot, the account named Capstorm, LLC and all of its related lists were selected for a restore. The steps were:
- Set the Account filter to select just the Capstorm, LLC company.
- Click on the Select All button for related lists.
Are you curious about how many tables were actually selected? The answer is 60!
There is one last detail about the Select All button your should know. In practice, it is unusual to restore absolutely every related list for a record because certain system tables are best excluded (since they are already populated). When the Select All button was clicked, an intermediate dialog will appear to give you the option of restore none, a few, or all related system tables.