CopyStorm/Restore restores all or part of a Salesforce instance using a backup created by CopyStorm.
This article outlines the complete process used to populate a Salesforce sandbox with production Salesforce data:
- Create a backup of your production Salesforce instance using CopyStorm (or use an existing backup).
- Open the CopyStorm/Restore application.
- Enter Salesforce credentials for the instance to be restored.
- Enter database credentials for the CopyStorm backup database.
- Select the data that will be restored to the Salesforce instance.
- Run the restore.
- Save the CopyStorm/Restore configuration so you can reuse it later.
- Use the restored Salesforce instance.
The most complicated part of this process is step #5 — selecting the data to be restored. However, this step is only as complex as your selection criteria. Examples of simple selection criteria that can be chosen with only a few button clicks include:
- Restore 1000 random Accounts along with any related Opportunities, Cases, and Contacts.
- Restore these specific Contacts along with any related Accounts and records from the custom table ABC__c.
- Restore the 500 largest Opportunities from the past 6 months along with any related Accounts and Contacts.
The following short video illustrates the entire CopyStorm/Restore process:
For examples of other types of CopyStorm/Restore scenarios, see the Common Tasks section.