How Do I Restore a Custom Setting?
Restoring a Salesforce custom setting is a simple process once you understand:
- Each custom setting is kept in a Salesforce SObject where the sobject has a extra flag indicating that it is a Custom Setting.
A custom setting restore is a two step process.
Step 1: Restore the Custom Setting SObject
The first step is to restore the SObject.
- Goto the CopyStorm/Restore MetaData tab
- Search for the custom setting table in the list of CustomObjects.
- Restore the table.
After this step your target Salesforce will contain the custom setting but no values will be set for the setting.
Step 2: Restore the Custom Setting Data
This step restores the customer setting data using CopyStorm/Restore (just like any other table).
- Goto the Restore Set Editor Tab
- Select the table associated with the custom setting.
- Make sure the “All” record selected is active.
- Run the restore.