The Access Control tab is used to configure access control/authorization for core CapStorm applications (CopyStorm, CopyStorm/Medic, CopyStorm/Restore, and CopyStorm/Director). The Access Control editor table can be used to add new and edit existing CapStorm application users and assign pre-defined roles to users. These pre-defined roles will determine the level of access (available functionality) granted to the assigned user when using the aforementioned supported applications.
Click on the “Add User…” button.
This will open a pop-up dialog where you can enter the following:
- Username — a unique username.
- Password — a strong password.
- Role — Three pre-defined roles are available:
- Super Admin — a top-level administrative role. A user with this role can perform any operation in any application including configuration of Access Control.
- Admin — a slightly restricted administrative role. A user with this role can perform any operation in any application except configuration of Access Control.
- Configurator — a user with this role can edit configurations for all applications except CopyStorm/Director, but cannot invoke any of the applications (cannot run jobs).
- Production Enabled — this checkbox determines whether the user will be granted Access against Production Salesforce Instances.
- The “Production Enabled” check-box will enable/disable any operation that is allowed by the assigned role against a production database or Salesforce org. For example:
- A user that has been assigned the “Configurator” role but has the “Production Enabled” check-box unchecked cannot edit a production configuration.
Then click the “Save” button to add the user.
When you are finished making changes to the Access Control configuration, click the “Save” button at the bottom of the editor table. A pop-up dialog will appear where you can validate and save or cancel all staged changes.
You can also undo all staged changes by clicking the “Cancel” button.